Yummy! Huevos Ranchero is a tasty breakfast, your children will love to eat. It pretty much a Mexican pizza for breakfast, and it doesn’t get much better than that! This recipe is simple, your kids can even help you stack the ingredients.
Kid’s Breakfast, Mexican Style
- 1 teaspoon vegetable, canola oil, coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 small can (or homemade) refried beans
- 1 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn
To Taste: avocados, sour cream, salt and pepper
- Heat up 1 tsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. One by one add in the eggs, cook for about 2 minutes without touching it (egg whites should have begun to set), then cover the eggs with a lid and cook for another minute or so. If you prefer you can also scramble your eggs.
- You can warm the tortillas a few different way. Warm the tortillas in the over at 250 degrees, over medium heat in a sauce pan (20 seconds on each side) OR the quickest method is placing the tortillas between two paper towels and putting them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds
- On a plate Spread 1/4 cup of beans on top of the warm tortilla, then on top of the beans place 1 cooked egg and on top of the eggs add 1/4 cup of salsa and then 1/4 cup of cheese.
4. Repeat Process, Serve and Eat Up!!!