Perfect dinner for a late night at work. Chicken can be cooked in a crock pot and ready to be shredded when you get home or you can pre-cooked or even rotisserie. The recipe takes only 10 minutes of prep time and 5 minutes to cook.
Simple 15 minutes meal for the family
Recipe for the best BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tsp. butter or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. homemade or bottled BBQ sauce
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas (can exchange for whole wheat)
- 2 cups shredded cooked BBQ chicken or rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (cheddar and Monterey Jack)
***optional – sour cream, guacamole, or salsa***
In a large skillet over medium heat heat 1 tsp of butter (oil). While the oil is heating up spread about 1 tsp. of BBQ sauce over each of the tortillas. Evenly lay out 1/3 cup of the chicken and 1/3 cup of the cheese over one half of each tortilla and then fold the other side over, on top of the chicken and cheese mixture. Heat up 1 or 2 quesadillas in the skillet at one time. Take a spatula and press down to mend together the top and bottom of the tortillas. Cook on each side for about 1-2 minutes, until quesadillas are golden brown. Ready to serve!