Trying to find activities for your child this summer? How about make your little artist their very own water color paints by following these simple directions to make your own homemade water colors. You will find most if not all the ingredients needed in your kitchen TODAY!
Easy Water Color Paint Recipe
(Homemade Non-Toxic Kid Friendly)
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp baking soda
- liquid food coloring
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp light corn syrup
- Coffe stirrers or Popsicle sticks
1. In a Medium Bowl mix together the baking soda and vinegar. Wait until the fizzing stops.
2. Then mix in the corn syrup and cornstarch
3. Stir ingredients together until blended together. Consistency is crumbly.
4. Divide mixture into your desired storage container. (recommend using egg cartons, plastic craft mold containers, muffin tins, glass jars)
5. Take your desired food coloring color and add in around 10 drops (or until desired color is achieved) Using your stir stick mix coloring with mixture and smash until the color becomes a paste. You know you´re done when you have a wet film on the top.
6. Set aside overnight or for a few hours.